Sunday, February 7, 2010

vianet webzone scam

I am complaining about a web based business that goes by many names. Vianet Webzone, Ivy Capitol, Triad Media, The Success Team, ICI, National Data Entry Coaching, Universal Account Services.



I signed up with this company 4-29-09 after joining Data Entry to earn extra money. I received a call from the Vianet people who started inquiring about my goals and desires and . They stated that they had a program much better than the one I just started and they guaranteed that I would make my investment back in 6 months, but probably a lot more in less time. They promised to teach me everything I needed to know, and they would be my mentors. I was to duplicate what they had done and they would teach me step by step. They had me write down top 10 things I would do when I made all this money. Then I had to promise to be willing to learn, stay positive and don’t give up. They then asked me to give them 5 reasons they should mentor me. Sounded great! Then the hard, fast pressure sales hit. 8,000.00 was what this cost, but I would be financially free in 6 months, guaranteed. So I began.

What a mess. I started doing the lessons on line, by myself, per the email instructions. after 12 days I received a email stated new instructions and new signon. They changed formats. Now I was to go to some special area. Well I could not as my pc was older and I was unable to download firefox and new websites. So I was in this far, I purchased a new pc. Then continued with the learning, by my self. I had some questions and called the customer support and was told to create a ticket. Well I did, and no one answered. I called back and they told me to try again. I did and was treated badly. They talked down to me as if I were stupid. I was trying to follow the lessons and the outlines and was getting calls telling me I needed to get licensed, get marketing and investing advise. I was a little overwhelmed. Where was my mentor? Who was holding my hand? To make a very long story shorter, there is no one. The websites did not work properly and after over 36 tech tickets and little to no progress. Wrote a letter outlining problems and lack of responses. Was given free hostings, 29.95, (supposedly) and was to get a call from someone to help me. Did not get either. Did finally get to the coaching part, was only allowed 6 1 hour sessions for 8,000. and we used those trying to get the program to work. Wrote another letter. Was given more coaching and offered $ to say all is well. Did not take $ as I stated I want this to work. Finally after long hours of work and no progress, two coaches each of them also stating program not responding. I did ask for refund. They said no. Was offered more $ and more coaching. I said I just want this to work, it still has not. Sent them a letter from attorney requesting refund and they said they could not do the work for me, but would continue to work with me until I earned my investment back. I still have not been able to get their web page to function. All I am trying to do is an affiliate web page. So I want others to know that they are not providing what they are selling and charging 18% on whatever you don’t have the cash for. Please be very careful with these companies.

You must be logged in to po

2 comments:

  1. I signed up for the Vianet Webzone Coaching through IVY Capital (ICI) and I had very similar situation like RONB. I lost $6999 to the program which they promised for the coaching and marketing. The coaching was done, but not really helpful to build website business -- hard to follow. They had not completed the marketing. Now they seem disappeared. Any chance to get money back and/or join a Class Action law suit against Vianet Webzone and Ivy Capital? They are scammers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also fell for Vianet Webzone's scam. After being forcefully talked into an investment of almost $5000.00, for which I was promised a website and top rankings in the search engines. I was also promised that I would make my money back in 6 months. I tried to cancel before the 3 days was up but let them scam me into staying with them. I did get the website up but I did all of the work myself with very little help from them. I was assigned to a coach who only talked about affiliate marketing and click bank and nothing about building the site or how to make it all work. After working extremely hard on my site and paying them the $29.00 a month hosting fee(for a site that stayed down more than up) I did not ever make 1 dime back on my investment. Then they changed there servers and discontinued the format my site was built on. I would have to pay more money to move it to their new servers or lose it totally. I paid them $200. to switch. Instead of switching the site I had worked so hard on, that was doing nothing I built a new website on which I was actually selling products. They did give me 2 more coaching sessions with a different coach and I will say he was very very good and a very honest person, who had the good sense to get away from them and start a coaching service on his own. That was the one good thing I did get from it. At their insistence I signed up with Wholesale Match to help me find drop shippers for my business. I did work with a girl at Wholesale Match some but also started searching on my own on the internet. I found a lot more companies than they offered me and I found them before they did. Most of the places they gave me were not even drop shippers. since they had not found me anything I could use that I had not found 1st I asked for a refund before my year was up. They refused to give it to me even thought their guarantee was that you would make your money back from the companies they found in a year, which I did not. I continued to work on my site and pay a hosting fee to Vianet every month. The site was always having problems and stayed down more than up. When I would submit a ticket I would sometimes get a answer and sometimes not. It usually took them days to get my site back up. I did all the work found my own wholesale companies and drop shippers. I found out the info if out there for free. I built my own site and did start selling a few products. I did my own seo and got ranked in Google, with no help from them. I sold no where near enough to make back my investment, only a few hundred dollars worth. Then my site went down and stayed down for about a month, even though they kept promising me to get it back up the next day. That was the final straw. I switched hosting companies and kept my site. My new company migrated it over for me. It took some work to get everything back up and running because they put me on a much newer version of Open Cart than what Vianet had me on. I have been with my new hosting company for a year now and have not been down once. I have all the tech support I need when ever I need it and get answers to any questions I have right away. My site is ranked on first page of Google for a lot of my key words and I do sell, but I am not making enough to make a living, I am just keeping my head above water.
    None of this was due to Vianet. They totally scammed me out of thousands of dollars, and I would love to join some of the other people who have been scammed by them to try and recover some of my money and help others get theirs.
    Any success I have had with my site has been due to my hard work and research not to anything they did. All the information you need ifs out there, you just have to work hard and find it. It doesn't come easy and no get rich quick scheme is going to work and magically make your site a success. It is all a scam. Stay away from them. Learn from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete